Inability to Attend Cancellation Insurance
Pittcon now offers an optional insurance policy through Rainprotection Insurance that will refund you 96% of all covered Pittcon purchases if you are unable to attend the event for a covered reason outside of your control. You are covered from the moment you make a purchase until the start of the event. Communicable disease (COVID-19) is not covered under this policy.
Rainprotection Liability Insurance
As you know, Pittcon requires all exhibitors to submit compliant liability insurance that will cover them in case of a claim due to their negligence at our event. To make this process easier for you, we have implemented a new program offering exhibitors compliant insurance for our show at the cost of just $70, no matter how big or how many booths.
Cancellation Insurance FAQs
- The death, injury, or illness happening to the attendee or exhibitor, a member of their immediate family who is under the age of 70, or any person(s) in the group due to attend the event with the attendee or exhibitor;
- Adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police service or other local Government agency have issued warning not to travel;
- Mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft in route of a private vehicle taking the attendee or exhibitor to this event;
- Jury Duty which the attendee or exhibitor was unaware of at the time of registration;
- The attendee or exhibitor being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which they were unaware of at the time of registration;
- Burglary or fire at the residence of the attendee or exhibitor in the forty-eight (48) hours immediately before this event that required attendance of the emergency services;
- The attendee or exhibitor being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly;
- Unexpected disruption of the public transport networks the attendee or exhibitor could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of this event;
- The attendee or exhibitor being relocated for work more than one hundred (100) miles from the booked event which they were unaware of at the time of booking, or they are unexpectedly terminated from their job.
What Purchases are Covered?
Booth Space, Seminar Rooms, Pittcon Booth Packages, Meeting Space, Live Demos, Lab Gauntlet, Constant Contact Rooms, eligible Pittcon Sponsorships. (some sponsorships excluded, please see Pittcon Sponsorship Refund Policy.)
a2z Digital Promotional Packages, GES Services, Experient Lead Retrieval, or any other vendor services. (Please see the vendor’s cancellation/refund policy associated with these purchases.)
Does the Inability to Attend Insurance cover unexpected city, state or local shutdowns due to COVID-19? What if there is a travel ban in place?
Communicable Disease (COVID-19 is one of these) is not covered under this policy. Anything that happens (travel ban, fear, the US denying entry due to Covid, etc.) that takes place that is explicitly due to Communicable Disease will not be covered.
What if my company does not allow for travel at the time of your conference due to concerns about COVID-19?
The Inability to Attend Insurance does not cover any concerns regarding Communicable Disease.
Does the Inability to Attend Insurance cover any kind of natural disaster?
In the event that a natural disaster (hurricane, fire, floods, snowstorms, earthquake) were to happen, and it prevented an exhibitor from attending the event, the exhibitor would be covered by the insurance.
Will the 4% cost of the insurance be billed upon purchase, or later only if the refund is needed?
The 4% cost will immediately be added to your balance and invoiced. Payment on insurance is to be made upon receipt of your invoice. Coverage will not begin until payment is received.
What if Pittcon decides to cancel the conference? Will I be covered by Rainprotection Insurance?
If Pittcon must cancel the conference due to COVID-19, Rainprotection will not provide a refund to you. To see the Pittcon Policy regarding conference cancellation due to COVID-19, please CLICK HERE.
Please read the terms and conditions page for more information and details.