Courses range in length from one half day to two days and are taught by experienced professionals who are experts in their fields.
Save 50% on Short Course fees with current valid student I.D.
Take three (3) PAID (does not include free) Short Courses and receive FREE conference registration.
View Short Course Fees
Looking to learn something new at Pittcon? Don’t miss the opportunity to network with your peers. Check out our featured Short Course of the Week.
Short Course Fees
(Please note; you must register for Pittcon 2014 to take a Short Course.)
All participants must sign in at the Short Course office and should bring receipts for the courses and the textbooks. Paid participants will receive links and personal passwords to download and print course notes 7-14 days before Pittcon begins.
Students are expected to bring a copy of their Short Course notes (either in hard copy or electronic form) and a laptop. Calculators may also be useful for some courses.
Textbooks are recommended for some Short Courses. Textbook cost is not included in the course fee.
- On-site Short Course registrants will receive a USB card or DVD that contains class notes.
- Hard copies of the class notes will be available for those who do not have any access to a computer or for those who want a copy. (At a cost of $100 – $150)
- If you request a hard copy, please order at least four (4) hours before your course begins. (Time is needed to prepare the copies)
- All courses that require the use of a computer as part of the course description will take place in a computer lab where computers will be provided. (Free access to Wi-Fi Internet will be available and there will be ample plug-in power sources in all the classrooms)
- If you decide to cancel your conference registration, Short Course cancellations made by February 10, 2014. You will be issued a full refund less a $25 processing fee for each course cancelled.
- Short Course cancellations made between February 10 and March 1, 2014, will incur a $100 administrative charge per course, only if the short course notes were NOT DOWNLOADED.
- If short course notes ARE DOWNLOADED between February 10 and March 1, course changes or refunds WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- Conference registration and Short Course cancellations will not be refunded after March 1, 2014. All cancellations are subject to separate fees.