What’s New at Pittcon 2019
Pittcon’s 70th year features a plethora of exciting new sessions and events
Pittsburgh, PA – January 23, 2019 – Pittcon, the premier annual conference and exposition on laboratory science is proud to announce new events for its 70th annual conference. Pittcon 2019 will be held March 17-21, 2019 in Philadelphia PA at the Pennsylvania Convention Center and the new sessions and events include:
- Flash Posters – Sunday, March 17th. The program committee will identify exceptional abstracts and those authors will be asked to participate in a 4 slide, 4 minute FLASH session.
- Philadelphia Innovation Crawl – Thursday, March 21st 5-8PM. A tour of innovation spaces in the city including The Wistar Institute, Singh Center for Nanotechnology, and ending with a tour and reception at Science Center/Cambridge Innovation Center at 3675 Market.
- Independence After Hours – Monday, March 18th & Tuesday, March 19th 5:30 pm. An 18th-century inspired dinner at historic City Tavern, followed by a tour of Independence Hall.
- Other new social events: Socialize at various dining and gaming events throughout Philadelphia including events at Barcade, Escape the Room, and Evil Genius and Love City Breweries.
- 70th Birthday Celebration – Wednesday, March 20th 2 pm. Birthday celebration Pittcon style on the expo floor.
- Diversity in STEM Panel – Wednesday, March 21st 1PM. A new panel discussion advocating for women, the LGBTQ community, and people of color in the workplace.
- 25 new Short Courses – Topics include: Practical NMR Spectroscopy, Characterization of Biologics by HPLC, CE, and Mass Spectrometry, Global Chemists’ Code of Ethics and Research Leadership, The Cannabinoid Story: History, Products, Analytics and the Crime Lab, Characterization of Surfaces and Thin Films, and many more.
- Autism Awareness Campaign “Different but the Same” – Autism booths on the expo floor and in programs will be selling pop sockets and cell phone wallets for donations. The Pittcon Planetarium will be set up, and attendees can go in for a fee to participate in the presentation. There will be other activities aimed at raising awareness and providing donations. All proceeds will benefit the PEAL Center.
- Dr. Pete Conn makeover reveal – Pittcon’s official mascot gets an update for its 70th year.
In addition to these new events, a few of the new events from Pittcon 2018 are also returning this year and they include: NEXUS Theaters, Pub Pittcon, NIJ Symposium, and a 3-day expo running Tuesday-Thursday.
“We’re really excited to be back in Philadelphia for 2019 and we’ve got a lot of great things in store for attendees,” said Marc Hubert Pittcon Marketing Chair. “This year also features two truly impressive keynote speakers, 2016 Nobel Laureate Dr. Fraser Stoddart and Dr. Fenella France from the Library of Congress, in addition to our many great sessions and events.”
Early bird registration for Pittcon 2019 is now open, and those who register before February 25th can still take advantage of a discounted registration fee of $190. For more information on Pittcon 2019, visit www.pittcon.org.
Pittcon® is a registered trademark of The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a Pennsylvania non-profit organization. Co-sponsored by the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh and the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh, Pittcon is the premier annual conference and exposition on laboratory science.
Proceeds from Pittcon fund science education and outreach at all levels, kindergarten through adult. Pittcon donates more than a million dollars a year to provide financial and administrative support for various science outreach activities including science equipment grants, research grants, scholarships and internships for students, awards to teachers and professors, and grants to public science centers, libraries and museums.
Comments are closed.