Pittcon Recognizes Outstanding Achievements in Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy
For more information, contact Marian Nardozzi, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-825-3221 x 203
Pittsburgh, PA – September 30, 2015 – The Pittcon 2016 Program Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of 13 prestigious awards http://pittcon.org/technical-program/award-recipients/ honoring scientists who have made outstanding contributions to analytical chemistry and applied spectroscopy. Each award will be presented during a symposium during Pittcon 2016, March 6-101, 2016. Atlanta, Georgia.
Presentations will include topics in applications such as bioanalytical, environmental, nanotechnology, material science, polymers/plastics, pharmaceutical, biomedical and homeland security. Methodologies include near infrared spectroscopy, molecular and vibrational spectroscopy; mass spectrometry; electrochemistry; liquid chromatography; and separations.
A new award for this year, JAAS Emerging Investigator Lectureship Award, will be presented by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC). The two winners, Gerardo Gamez, Texas Tech University, and Lara Lobo Revilla,University of Oviedo, were selected by the JAAS Editorial Board based on the originality, quality, impact and significance of the candidates’ research.
The Executive Editor of JAAS Philippa Ross stated, “Launched to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry (JAAS), the lectureship will be awarded annually to recognize and support an emerging scientist working in the area of atomic spectrometry in the early stages of their independent career.”
The former award, ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry for Young Investigators in Separation Sciences, has been renamed the Satinder Ahuja Award for Young Investigator in Separation Sciences and was created to recognize and encourage outstanding contributions to the field of separation science by a young chemist or chemical engineer.
See complete information on the Pittcon 2016 award recipients at www.pittcon.org http://pittcon.org/technical-program/award-recipients/
Awards and recipients are as follows:
- Sanford A Asher, Pittsburgh Analytical Chemistry Award
- Juergen Popp, Pittsburgh Spectroscopy Award
- Jared L Anderson, Pittsburgh Conference Achievement Award
- Matthew D Miller, Satinder Ahuja Award for Young Investigator in Separation Sciences
- Shaul Mukamel, The Coblentz Society/ABB – Bomem-Michelson Award
- Drouet Warren Vidrine , The Coblentz Society – Williams-Wright Award
- Stephen G Weber, Chromatography Forum of the Delaware Valley Dal Nogare Award
- Milton L Lee, The LCGC Lifetime Achievement in Chromatography Award
- Debby Mangelings, The LCGC Emerging Leader in Chromatography Award
- David R Walt, Ralph N. Adams Award
- Reginald M Penner, SEAC – Charles N. Reilley Award
- Ryan J White, SEAC – Royce W. Murray Award
- Gerardo Gamez & Lara Lobo Revilla , RSC – JAAS Emerging Investigator Lectureship Award
Pittcon® is a registered trademark of The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a Pennsylvania non-profit organization. Co-sponsored by the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh and the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh, Pittcon is the premier annual conference and exposition on laboratory science.
Proceeds from Pittcon fund science education and outreach at all levels, kindergarten through adult. Pittcon donates more than a million dollars a year to provide financial and administrative support for various science outreach activities including science equipment grants, research grants, scholarships and internships for students, awards to teachers and professors, and grants to public science centers, libraries and museums.
Comments are closed.