Pittcon Announces Plans to Exhibit at the Annual Labroots Genetics and Genomics Virtual Event
For more information, contact Marian Nardozzi, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-825-3221 x 203
Pittsburgh, PA – April 26, 2015 – Pittcon is pleased to announce its participation in the upcoming Labroots virtual event, Genetics and Genomics on May 13-14, 2015. The theme of this conference is a range of genetics and genomics topics such as RNAi, Next-generation sequencing, cancer research, sequencing, genome-wide association studies GWAS, epigenetics, mapping, exomes, genomic medicine, human Genome structural variation, pharmacogenetics, DNA/RNA Purification, mutations, translational genomics, bioinformatics, genotyping, pharmacogenomics, screening, cloning, gene expression, phenotyping, transcription, functional genomics, synthetic biology, genome engineering, immunology, qPCR/Real-Time PCR, biomarkers, stem cell research, human identification, bioproduction, molecular diagnostics and much more. Attendees can earn free CME, CE and CEU Credits.
This free-to-attend event will bring together research scientists, post docs, principal investigators, lab directors and professionals from around the world to learn about recent advances in genetics and genomics.
The keynote speaker, Gary Schroth, distinguished scientist at Illumina, Inc. will deliver the presentation, “Next-Generation RNA-Seq Workflows and Analysis.”
Genetics and Genomics will also feature presentations from:
- John Quackenbush, PhD, Professor of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Department of Biostatistics, Harvard University, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Michael Snyder, PhD, Professor and Chair, Genetics, Director, Stanford Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Richard M Myers, PhD, President, Director and Faculty Investigator, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
- Janice E Drew, PhD, Senior Research Fellow, MSc Human Nutrition, Course Co-ordinator for Molecular Nutrition, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, Metabolic Health Group
- Deanna Church, PhD, Senior Director, Genomics and Content, Personalis, Inc,
- Sami Amr, PhD, Director of the Research Core Laboratory, Instructor in Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Partners Center for Personalized Genetic Medicine
- Judy E Garber, MD, MPH, Director, Center for Cancer Genetics and Prevention, Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Registration and a complete list of speakers are available at Genetics and Genomics: www.bioconferencelive.com
Pittcon® is a registered trademark of The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a Pennsylvania non-profit organization. Co-sponsored by the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh and the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh, Pittcon is the premier annual conference and exposition on laboratory science.
Proceeds from Pittcon fund science education and outreach at all levels, kindergarten through adult. Pittcon donates more than a million dollars a year to provide financial and administrative support for various science outreach activities including science equipment grants, research grants, scholarships and internships for students, awards to teachers and professors, and grants to public science centers, libraries and museums.