Deadlines for Lab Gauntlet and NEXUS Theater submissions approaching on January 5
Deadline for NEXUS Theater and Lab Gauntlet submissions is January 5, 2018
Engage attendees at the new NEXUS Theaters
A theater style setting on the expo floor will be available for dynamic 30 minute presentations.The presentations should focus on a scientific topic of interest and cannot be a product or sales demonstration.
These presentations should be dynamic and include audience participation and interaction. It should deliver valuable information to the conferee and should include time for a Q&A.
Only fully completed applications will be considered and accepted – TBA or TBD’s will not be considered. The cost for exhibitors to participate is $175 which will be due after acceptance. There is a one presentation per company limit.
Challenge attendees to the Lab Gauntlet
The Gauntlet is a series of task-oriented challenges that attendees will go from station to station to complete. There is no cost for the exhibitor to participate in a station. We will provide a skirted table with chairs and signage for each station. Any other equipment will be the exhibitor’s responsibility to provide.
- The actual task must be kept to no more than 1 minute to complete, easy to explain, and a quick reset for the next challenger.
- The challenge is totally up to the exhibitor.
- Examples: pipette challenge, pH testing task, accurate temp reading, guess what is in the electron microscope or microscope image, how fast can you get geared up in full personal protective gear?
- Be creative and out of the box! But please keep the challenge related to science or at minimum, have some aspect of science included either in the accessories or concept (beakers, scales, etc.)
- The challenge should have a way to measure success such as timing, by results, by correct answer, by method, etc.
- The exhibitor will provide the staffing for their station and it must be staffed at all times during the operational hours of the event, Tuesday – Thursday 10 AM – 2 PM.
- The equipment used in the challenge should be “mobile” or have the ability to be easily transported back to booth when the Gauntlet is not open.
- Exhibitor will supply a small give away item to those who successfully complete the challenge.
- The exhibitor staffing should be an outgoing, animated person who can add fun and excitement to the Gauntlet and their station and engage conferees.
Your company logo will appear on the back of the giveaway t-shirt, as well as in additional digital and print communications.
What is the challenge criteria?