Illinois delivers a broad range of products and services, including medicines, medical devices, nutritional products, food and agricultural applications, alternative fuels, industrials, and environmental solutions.
Location, Location, Location!
Why Chicago / Illinois?
- 2nd largest Pharma Hub in the U.S.
- Great access both nationally and internationally
- Local and State support of biomedical innovation
- A culture that is responsive to life science research
- The city has 2,900 daily flights to more than 200 cities worldwide, all Class-One North American railroads, access to major U.S. Interstates
- A non-stop global gateway to more than 50 international and 150 domestic business centers, with daily non-stops to Japan, Korea and China
- Six schools of medicine (University of Chicago, Northwestern University, University of Illinois at Chicago, Rush, Loyola, and Rosalind Franklin
- The largest concentration of physicians in the country
- There are 121 hospitals in the Chicago metropolitan area. Of the 121, 35 are listed in the top national hospitals in the USA. 15 of the top ranked hospitals specialize in cancer research.
- Major federal research labs (Argonne and Fermilab)
Research, Research, Research!
The Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center (NSEC)
International Institute for Nanotechnology (IIN)
Illinois Science + Technology Park Today
Science Outlook for Chicago / Illinois