Pittcon Conference & Expo
Our mission is to sponsor and sustain educational and charitable activities for the advancement and benefit of scientific endeavor.
Pittcon is the world’s largest annual premier conference and exposition on laboratory science. It is organized by The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a Pennsylvania not-for-profit educational corporation which is comprised of the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) and the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh (SACP).
Pittcon attracts more than 18,000 attendees from industry, academia and government from 90 countries worldwide and is managed by a committee of volunteers and a 11-person staff. Proceeds from Pittcon fund science education and outreach at all levels, kindergarten through adult.
Pittcon’s target audience is not just “analytical chemists,” but all laboratory scientists—anyone who identifies, quantifies, analyzes or tests the chemical or biological properties of compounds or molecules, or who manages these laboratory scientists. Having grown beyond its roots in analytical chemistry and spectroscopy, Pittcon has evolved into an event that now also serves a diverse constituency encompassing life sciences, pharmaceutical discovery and QA, food safety, environmental, bioterrorism and other emerging markets.
Pittcon donates more than a million dollars a year to provide financial and administrative support for various science outreach activities including science equipment grants, research grants, scholarships and internships for students, awards to teachers and professors, and grants to public science centers, libraries and museums.
1 A showcase for scientific innovations in laboratory equipment, technology, and supplies:
- Includes more than 1,000 exhibiting companies worldwide
- Provides the opportunity to speak with technical staff to resolve problems
- Allows you to evaluate the latest instrumentation, compare vendors, and participate in product demonstrations
2Unique Networking Opportunities:
- Interact with world-renown scientists
- Attend Conferee Networking Sessions to discuss topics of mutual interest
- Meet with colleagues at complimentary mixers, poster sessions, and other social events
- Build skills by attending Short Courses and technical presentations
- Discover the latest techniques and advances by attending any of the more than 2,200 technical sessions
- Learn from leading scientists presenting Invited Symposia, Contributed Sessions, Workshops, Awards, and the Plenary Lecture and Capstone Lecture
- View hundreds of career postings for seasoned professionals or recent entries into the job market
- Schedule onsite interviews
- Visit the Employer and Career Information Centers